Interview tip: Make flashcards and have a friend or parent ask you a few questions every day. Your cards should include current events, platform and paperwork questions, public figures, and facts about your region and state.
1. Reese Witherspoon has been targeted by PITA for sporting a Python purse. Do you think it's wrong to skin exotic animals for such items as designer handbags and shoes?
2. Kim Kardashian filed for divorce after only 72 days of marriage. Do you think her reality show had something to do with the failure of her marriage? Do you think she profited from the wedding and divorce announcement?
3. Recently, a couple in Honolulu munched on some sandwiches while grocery shopping and forgot to pay the five dollars for them when checking out. When stopped by security guards they were charged with fourth degree theft and their child was taken away by children's services. Do you think the authorities over reacted or did the couple deserve this harsh punishment?
4. If you were given the job of mayor of your hometown for one week, what policy would you seek to implement and why?
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
6. Many people feel there is a disconnect between what knowledge and skills students learn in school and what knowledge and skills are needed to succeed in 21st century communities and work places. The four C's of 21st century education have been deemed communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. How can educators best meet these four standards in today's educational system to help students function in the real world?
7. Do you think standardized testing is an accurate tool for teaching students critical thinking?
8. Is reality TV real? Has it enriched our society?
9. Republican Herman Cain has been defending accusations of sexual harassment. Should he withdraw from the presidential primary race?
10. Do you think shows like the Biggest Loser present an unrealistic expectation and unhealthy example for those individuals facing the challenge of weight loss?